Thursday, April 14, 2005

sittin' on a chair

Sitting here--just made a kid sit down next to me, but now he's reading what I'm typing, so I made him sit in the fourth row away from everyone. But when he went back there, he tripped over all the chairs like a buffoon, so I told him to come and sit by me again but to face the wall. This is one of my better classes, too. These kids are idiots. Kidiots.

So now I'm giving my little 8th hour 6th grade fartknockers a quiz that all but one of them are gonna flunk. They're so stupid and undisciplined (admittedly, I'm not helping the discipline that much).

Today was fun--there was a student who likes to bark in the hallways and as he was coming down the hallways yesterday, he was yelling and I told him to get in the classroom. He proceeded to turn around and yell something again. So, I got in his face and told him, "Don't EVER yell in the hallway again." Needless to say, I didn't lay a finger on him. That's a big no-no. Unfortunately.

A couple of the girls he was yelling to came in, I told them, "Hi, girls." One of them said, "Don't talk to me." I sent them both to the office for disrespect and for being tardy for the ump-teenth time. Next thing I know, I'm writing them up in the office a few minutes later, and I hear them telling the librarian that I grabbed Rigo by the shoulders and slammed him up against a locker.

So, I started this blog a few days ago and I'm finishing it today (April 18).

I was on the UMKC campus a couple of days ago and there was a guy there who was handing out Krishnas. Actually, he wasn't handing them out. Actually, he was, but then we had to pay for them. Actually, we didn't have to pay for them, but if we didn't, than we had to give the Krishna back.

It got me started thinking about how God came before polytheism. Yes, this is obvious. But I think a lot of the people who oppose Christianity oppose the idea that all of a sudden, someone says, "Only one of these religions is right, and it's ours." It's as if they're saying (to Jesus), "How dare you come into this world of many religions and claim that yours is the only true one." But, sadly, they don't realize that the God of Christianity was the first and true God. People knew "the way" but they let sin lead their hearts away from it and, in the process, betrayed God for another, a false god. They sacrificed a relationship for an object.

And then Christ, in all his romantic glory, comes after us, trying to win our hearts back, and we accuse him of daring to say that he was and is the same God from the beginning.

You've heard it said that we shouldn't complain that Christ is the one and only way and, instead, being thankful that there is a way. But even more important than there being one way now: there's always been one way. It was the same way that we had before we decided to start conjuring up all of these alternative ways. Christianity shouldn't be thought of so much as a sudden restriction. It's more of a invitation home.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

you're still sittin on a chair?

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Andronicus said...

I dig it.....andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home