Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You ask for it--you got it! Toyota!

Alright, everyone. I apologize for the blogging delay. And unlike some of my competitors, I've been listening to your requests and hearing your cries. And I plan to act on it. So without further ado, your wish is my command! My latest blog has finally arrived!

So, ... uh, ... Hey. How's it goin'?

I'm trusting that no one I work with or who knows anyone I work with is reading this blog. Don't get me wrong--for the most part, I really like my job. But last Thursday I received a phone call from a guy from church who's a commercial real estate broker and he said he needs a right hand man. The pay is $30K--certainly more than what I'm making now--but the intangible is that I'll get some great experience in the business and learn from the best. He's pretty successful.

I've considered commercial real estate sales before but I've heard that it's very difficult to get in. In fact, when the guy from church started, someone basically gave him a phone book and said "Get to work." So this definitely seems like a better way to start. This guy owns his own business and right now it's just him and another chick who's moving to California. She was never interested in sales--in fact, I think she's going off to fashion design school. So the guy told me that he's probably gonna have to expand because right now he has to turn down $3K and $4K deals just because he doesn't have enough time.

So anyway, I've talked to a few people who all think it's an offer I can't refuse. Now I'm just waiting for the guy to call me back after he interviews one other person. Hopefully she doesn't knock his socks off! Actually, as much as I want the job, I really want whatever God wants and I hope that the guy has someone who's good for his company. And hopefully that's me!

Beavis's (Brett's) wedding is this weekend--I'm throwing the bachelor party for him. It'll be funny. If anyone can think of some ways to embarrass him, please let me know.

Alicia's doing well--she also has another attractive job prospect, so we'll see what happens with that. With this new job we're hoping for, she'll have a lot better hours (no nights or weekends) and we'll probably get to see each other more.

So keep us in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home