Thursday, March 09, 2006

Old Man Carnes

Okay, I'm just stalling here before I go to bed. Sleeping's so boring. It's great when I get there, though.

Alicia and I had an interview with Farmers Insurance this morning about the possibility of my becoming an agent. Pretty interesting prospect. I think I might like it! I'd be selling insurance that everyone has to have--it's not like I'm selling life insurance or something. Though it's (life insurance) something I'll get, I'll probably get it when I want it and not when someone else tells me to get it. Maybe. Okay, I'll probably get talked into it from a sales rep.

Anyway, about the auto insurance thing, I figure that I could at least ask people if they want to save some cash and get a cheaper rate. I know I'll deal with rejection, but I did telephone interviewing for about three years. I think I can handle it.

Can anyone out there see me as an auto insurance agent? Does anyone know of any Farmers agents that could give me the down-low on it? I know there's a lot of potential for growth, but I also know that there's a lot of potential for working a lot of hours and making a teacher's salary, too, which won't really support a family. I don't expect to make six figures after the first year, but hopefully I'd be over $50K after 2 -3 years? Hopes too high? Hmmm...

Okay, going to bed. Three more interviews tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home