Monday, May 23, 2005

Last day of school!

Today's awesome, though the kids still suck. I can't believe that I have a class with 8 kids, I'm showing them a movie, and I still have to get on their cases for talking and not watching the movie. Not all my kids are like that, though.

I'm working on a little less than three hours of sleep, thanks to United Airlines. I was scheduled to pick up my roommate from the airport at 11:15, but his flight didn't get in until three hours later. So I'm finally in bed a little after 3:30 and wake up at 6:30. I think that's the least amount of sleep I've gotten all year, coincidentally on the last day! Whatever that's worth.

So here's some testimony of the Holy Spirit. Usually at church on Sunday nights, Pastor John is the one who delivers the message and Erik leads worship on guitar. Well, another guy from church, Brett, called me and told me that we were gonna have "Amateur Night". Erik wanted me to bring my piano to the house (where we have church) and lead worship and Brett to deliver the message. So I thought about which songs to do: Blessed Be Your Name came to mind as well as Your Love is Extravagant, Be Still and Know (Chapman), and Let My Words Be Few. I chose Blessed Be Your Name and also Be Still and Know because we talked about that verse last week. The last verse of that is:

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He's our father
Come rest your head upon His breast
Listen to the beating of
His unfailing heart of love
Beating for his little ones
Calling each of us to come

For Some Reason (I hope you enjoyed those italics, Suz), when I finished that last verse on Sunday, I decided to have us do it again, so we closed the song singing it twice.

I had no idea what it was gonna be, but it turns out, Brett's message was about being sons and daughters of God and about his unfailing love for us, regardless of what we do. It was incredible.

I guess I probably could've shortened that story up a little, but I didn't want to take a chance of risking any part of the presentation. And I'm still typing.

Now I'm hungry. Gonna find some food.

Toodles

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

i did enjoy the italics. thank you.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

how was your memorial day? how was your date? when are you going to be in wichita again?

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Andronicus said...

New Post Blogmaninoff!!!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

ok, i believe the last day of school was some time ago now.

eh-hem . . .

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Andronicus said...

I'm with the Suz on this one......new post!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home