Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Belated May Day

I missed May Day! I forgot that April only had 30 days. I hope no one was offended.

Believe it or not, I'm seriously contemplating applying for the job that I just resigned. I'm starting to enjoy the 6th graders and thinking that next year might not be so bad, especially if I get a bunch of stuff organized over the summer. Hmmm... Plus, I'd have more time to do a little better for the administration so they'd have something good to say for me when other districts call after I apply with them.

Yes, I'm here at school again, "sittin' here," showing a cheesy smile to one of the little girls who keeps talking to another girl and never does her work. Now I'm mad because the paraprofessional in here sneezed twice, got "blessed" twice, then I sneezed once, and no one "blessed" me. Oh, well. God blesses me OVER and OVER again. For some reason, recently, I've been noticing it more and more. I picked up some Great Harvest bread on Saturday and was driving home, realizing how much God blesses me, and I must've had a smile on my face for a good fifteen seconds or so. As Chesterton says, "The test of all happiness is gratitude." Makes sense, doesn't it?

My class is being so wonderful right now. I don't even know if they're doing their bell work, but I really don't care. As long as they're quiet. I'd better get back to teaching.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

i smiled for a good 10 seconds reading your post. :)

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Andronicus said...

I smiled for 9 seconds, then scowled when i realized suz beat me! just kidding.....

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

hahaha. that made me laugh out loud for 3 seconds!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Chris & Alicia said...

I just farted for 2 seconds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home